Directions: In this section, you will hear five statements once only. Listen carefully and decide which of the four suggested answers marked A, B, C and D is the closest in meaning to what you have just heard.
1. A North Korea says it wants a relationship of trust and mutual respect with the United States.
2. C And Brazil has granted asylum to deposed Ecuadorian President Lucio Gutierrez who has taken refuge in the Brazilian embassy since his ouster Wednesday.
3. B The United States government has frozen the assets of over 150 individuals and institutions from Zimbabwe.
4. D U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has again expressed regret to Italy over the accidental killing of an Italian intelligence agent in Iraq.
5. C Diplomatic relations between Venezuela and Mexico have worsened sharply in a row over comments by the Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez about the Mexican leader Vicente Fox.
[ti:新概念英语第二册] [by:http://www.lrc.com.cn] [00:06.19]Lesson 4 [00:08.39] An exciting trip [00:12.30]First listen and then answer the question: [00:18.71]Why is Tim finding this trip exciting? [00:26.37]I have just received a letter from my brother,Tim.He is in Australia. [00:33.59]He has been there for six months.Tim is an engineer. [00:39.97]He is working for a big firm [00:42.97]and he has already visited a great number of different places in Australia. [00:49.53]He has just bought an Australian car [00:53.04]and has gone to Alice Springs,a small town in thecentre of Australia. [00:59.51]He will soon visit Darwin.From there,he will fly to Perth. [01:06.66]My brother has never been abroad before,so he is finding this trip very exciting.